Our church has from its inception recognized the need for prayer as the underlying source for obtaining God’s Grace in all we do. God’s clear command is for us to come to Him in prayer for all our needs. “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you (Luke 11:9).” All that we do must bring glory to the Father (1Cor. 10:31), and prayer certainly does this. “I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in my name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son
The purpose of the Prayer Ministry therefore is also to bring glory to God through aiding our members to obey His commands to pray, and to understand what His Word says about prayer (2 Tim. 2:15) so that we can pray Biblically. We offer a Discipleship Class about prayer, “Lord, Teach Us to Pray”, in which we discuss the following topics:
1. What is prayer and why is there a lack of it?
2. Why do prayers sometimes seem to go unanswered?
3. Can we really expect an answer to our prayers?
4. What are the foundations and guidelines of a powerful prayer life?
5. Are there different types of prayer?
6. What part does the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit have in our prayer life?
7. If God is Sovereign and already knows everything, do our prayers have any effect on Him?
8. How do we know if we are praying in God’s Will?
9. What about such things as fasting, boldness and perseverance, and group prayer?
We study God’s Word for answers to each of these.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
It does little good to know about God’s teaching unless you put it into practice. There are several opportunities for participating in prayer in our church.
1. First, we pray at each of our Community Group meetings. Be sure to join one of these.
2. We have “prayer warriors” on call 24/7 for anyone needing prayer at any time. A list of these our available at the church.
3. Every First Tuesday of the month from we have a time of Corporate Prayer @ 6:30PM in different church member’s homes
4. Every Sunday morning we gather together at 9:30AM to pray for the Sunday morning service, our community, and missionaries who serve around the world.
We welcome new opportunities to pray and members participating in all of our opportunities. If you have any questions, e-mail Barney Phillips.